Thursday, January 25, 2007

Who Needs Books....


I was perusing the letters to the editor section of our "World Renowned" Belleville News "Republican", and I saw a letter that floored me. You can see it here. Mark (A. I am presuming) Kern said that we should not pay taxes for libraries. That's right, who needs to read. Now this is not the Mark Kern that is the St. Clair County Chairman (if it is, I will personally come over to your house and eat your shoe), but more then likely, the Mark Kern "freak" that runs in political campaigns under the guise of having the same name as someone we would actually elect. Sure Mark, thats the problem we have today - people need to be dumber... If the implication of this letter is that we don't need libraries because we have the Internet, I would invite you to explain how well Newt Gingrich's plan to get the homeless laptops worked out.

No comments: