Sunday, August 19, 2007

Gen. Fast An Embarrassment to Belleville East

After reading the article about Gen. Fast in the Belleville News Democrat:

Belleville East Grad Denies Approving Torture in Iraq

I was deeply embarrassed to have graduated from the same high school. Anyone who has read the Taguba report or any other of the reports that document the mountain of evidence that shows our military was torturing people at Abu Graib knows that Gen. Fast is lying. Of course, the BND is more then willing to do this fluff piece on Gen. Fast so that she can publicly pander to the Bush administration. I wonder how she got on the "fast" track to such a high position?? Incidentally, I have met Gen. Fast. In fact, she gave me one of her "one star coins" while she was the J2 at NSA. Up until her role in the Abu Ghraib cover up I had a lot of respect for her. Not any more - I think I will mail her coin back...

No comments: