Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Shimkus holds drive to collect valentines for injured Illinois troops

I saw this in the Belleville News Democrat today and almost blew coffee out of my nose. I think our troops might prefer to come home rather then getting a freaking valentine from John Shimkus.

By the way - I would like to also note that a received a very thoughtful comment from the Green Party candidate, Rodger Jennings, which I did not get posted until today. I appreciate the feedback, but still feel that Jerry Costello is far and away a better representive then right wing tools like Shimkus, which is what we would end up with by splitting the votes on the left. But good on Mr. Jennings for getting involved.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

The patronizing tone of your post aside, I disagree with your assertion that Costello is the 12th District best choice! An example? My pleasure. How about Jerry Costello's stance on stem cell research? Voted against it at every turn,,,why? Because he was afraid of upsetting his primarily Catholic base (not from a Little Birdie, but his aid!) He is so out of touch with reality that he doesn't even know that over 60% of Catholics approve of embryonic stem cell research when thoroughly explained to them!

Another thing that irks me about Costello? Absolutely! I would like for MY representative to do exactly that, represent me, as well as the other constituents in his area. Do you see Costello in the news anywhere mixing it up politically? Yeah, neither do I. he may vote along democratic lines most of the time, but so what, it takes real passion to hold his position, passion that I feel he severely lacks. Passion about the war in Iraq, passion about the economy, passion about our health care, admit it, this guy has zero passion for his position or how he approaches it! End of story.

GO RODGER JENNINGS!! Vote Green on February 5!!

Unknown said...

PS-

It's impossible for Costello to lose votes to Shimkus. Costello is running for Illinois 12th District, and shimkus is running for Illinois 19th District, last time I checked. Besides Costello in the 12th, there's some yahoo called Timmy Richardson (looked like his small child created his web site) and Jennings.

In the 19th I like McMenamin. He's an attorney of 28 years, and an Afghan war Vet with a lot of good ideas! If you are voting in the 19th,VOTE McMENAMIN!! I strongly suggest.

Chuck said...

err - Yes, I believe I understand the difference between the 12th and the 19th. Thanks for stating the obvious. I was pointing out that Republicans thugs have often won elections by splitting the votes on the left. Shimkus happens to be an example of a Republican thug. Sounds we are both in agreement on McMenamin - I wish him luck as well!